Chicken Jalfrezi - Recipe
Chicken - 1/2 Kg. of skinless boneless Chicken
Onions - 3/4 cup chopped and 3/4 cup cubed / sliced
Tomatoes - 1 cup pureed tomatoes and 1 cup thinly sliced
Green Peppers / Capsicum - 1 cup cubed
Green chillies - 4-5 vertically sliced
Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
Ginger - 2 teaspoons thinly sliced
Turmeric powder - 2 teaspoons
Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoons
Coriander Powder - 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoons
Asafoetida powder - pinch
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Coriander leaves - for garnish
1. Marinate Chicken pieces with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste and salt.
2. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and temper with 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds. Add a pinch of asafoetida powder.
3. Add 3/4 cup of chopped onions and 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste and saute' until the onions are slightly browned.
4. Add a cup of pureed tomatoes and saute'.
5. Add a teaspoon each of turmeric and red chilli powder and 2 teaspoons of coriander powder and mix well.
6. Add marinated chicken, mix well and a cup of water. Cover and cook until the chicken is done.
7. In a separate pan / tava, add a tablespoon of oil. Add to this 3/4 cup of cubed / thinly sliced onions, vertically sliced green chillies and 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
8. To the onions, add a cup of cubed green peppers / capsicum, 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric and red chilli powder.
9. When the capsicum is cooked, add a cup of thinly sliced tomatoes and 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh ginger. Stir fry this on medium heat.
10. Add this mixture to the chicken and mix well. Garnish wtith coriander leaves.