Beetroot Pachadi (Beetroot Salad) - Recipe
Beetroots - 2 medium sized
Lemon - 1/4 slice
Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 8-10 leaves
Coriander leaves - handful
Salt - As per your taste
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder - 1 pinch
Ghee (Clarified butter) - 1-2 teaspoons
|Beetroot Pachadi (Beetroot Salad) Ingredients|
2. Mix grated beets, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice of 1/4 slice of a lemon, salt and sugar in a bowl.
3. Heat ghee in a tadka /small pan, temper with mustard seeds. When mustard seeds start crackling, add asafoetida powder and curry leaves.
4. Remove the pan from heat and pour this hot ghee tempering on the beetroot mixture and mix well.
Serve this healthy pachadi / salad as a side with Parathas/ Curries / Spicy rice pilaf. It tastes amazing with this Masoor Pulao / Pilaf.
1. You can add crushed peanuts for crunch.
2. Add a tablespoon of grated coconut to the mixture for added flavor.
3. Add 1 chopped green chilly if you want some heat.
|Beetroot Pachadi (Beetroot Salad)|