Pages- ???

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mango Lassi (Indian Mango Smoothie)


A tall glass full of cool creamy sweet drink garnished with a generous amount of pistachios, so thick and full of 'malai' (cream) that you might need a spoon to eat it, rather than drink it.
Well, that's my memory of Lassi I had at a street side vendor in Delhi, some 5 years back. Ever since I have been on a hunt for similar lassi in various other cities, but in vain. Some lack the creaminess, some lack the right amount of sweetness, and some others the generosity of the quantity and pistachios. Nonetheless, we always have our own kitchen. So summer or not, having a nice creamy lassi loaded with pistachios and cream, at home is always a treat.

Mango Lassi
Mango Lassi

Mango Lassi - Recipe
Yogurt - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
Mango pulp - 1 and 1/2 cups (or 1 cup of chopped mangoes)
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Pistachios - 1-2 teaspoons chopped
Saffron - a pinch of crushed saffron

1. Blend Yogurt, Milk, Cream, Mango Pulp, Sugar and Cardamom powder all together in a blender.
2. Garnish with crushed saffron and pistachios.
3. Chill and serve.



Event Participations:
1. Spicing your life's 'Kids Delight Potluck'

33 comments:

  1. looks very tempting and mouthwatering..
    http://www.indiantastyfoodrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture leaves me drooling and the post has come at a time when mangoes have disappeared from the market.I wish we get mango pulp in cans as we get in US.They are as good as freshly cut mangoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never get bored of this lassi,my all time favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very yummy and healthy drink. love its colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cream, mango and saffron wow lovely combination, now tell me who would not love it

    Priya
    Special K Cookies



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I have a glass of mango lassi...I'm bookmarking it

      Delete
  6. Nice combination.. Any form of mango is great
    Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious mango lassi my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no,I am craving now to have a glass of this yummy lassi dear..Nice yummy presentation of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no,I am craving now to have a glass of this yummy lassi dear..Nice yummy presentation of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not fair, posting a picture like that. As it is this season I did not have my fill of the mango. It looks deliciously refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this healthy and seasonal drink..

    ReplyDelete
  12. so creamy n delicious drink with my all time fav fruit, mangoes...looks very yumm!! lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. refreshing & delicious,love mango lassi the most among lassi flavors!!
    Join my ongoing EP events-Oregano OR Paprika @ Foodomania

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh god ! Love this tangy lassi... First time to ur space... Glad to follow u....
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice little blog you have Meg.. am glad to follow you

    Please visit my blog for your participation in the running events

    Cook with-Poppy Seeds

    Cook n Bake with - Spinach

    Be My Guest

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dear,
    Lassi is so tempting and color is so inviting.
    You can send theis to my FIRST EVENT AND GIVEAWAY-SHOW ME YOUR DESSERT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mango lassi is my favorite drink and made so often at my place. I love to make this refreshing drink for my daughter to go with her after school snack.
    Your lassi looks amazing! I love the chopped nuts on top!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks really refreshing!!! My all time favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi,

    Looks Tempting..!!

    Am hosting an event..
    U are Invited !!

    Do send your entries..

    Ongoing Event- Romantic Candle Light Dinner Event @----
    http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would be a great start to anyone’s day, healthy & tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog and for the wonderful comments.