|Tawa Pulao (stir fry rice pilaf with veggies)|
Uncooked Rice - 1 and 1/2 cup (If you are using leftover cooked rice, take 3-4 cups of cooked rice for 1 cup of veggies)
Veggies - 1 cup of chopped assorted veggies (carrots, capsicum, green peas, green beans, potatoes, cauliflower, corn etc.)
Onions - 1 medium chopped (3/4 cup)
Tomatoes - 1 medium chopped (1/2 cup)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Pav bhaji masala - 1 - 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder - 1 pinch
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt - As per taste
1. Cook rice and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan / pot.
3. Temper with a pinch of asafoetida powder and add chopped onions and saute until soft.
4. When the onions are soft, add tomatoes and saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the assorted veggies, saute, cover and cook. (If you want, you can add a tablespoon of water at this point, so that the veggies don't stick to the pot.)
6. When the veggies are cooked but firm add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala. (Adjust the spices as per your taste)
7. Add salt and the cooked rice. Mix well but try not to mash the veggies and rice in the process.
8. Cover and let the flavours blend for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
Serve with a slice of lemon, raita or cucumber, tomato and onion slices.