|Mexican Green Rice (Arroz Verde)|
Rice - 1 cup
Capsicum (Green bell Pepper) - 1 small (chop and remove the seeds)
Garlic - 2 -3 cloves
Chillies - 2-3 (preferably poblano, if you don't find these use regular green chillies)
Coriander leaves - few sprigs
Parsley - few sprigs (If you don't find these, just use more coriander leaves)
Onion - 1 small (chopped)
Lemon juice - 1/4 teaspoon
Oil and salt
1. Wash and drain rice.
2. Blend capsicum, green chillies, onion, garlic, coriander leaves and parsley into a paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add rice and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the paste, 2 cups of water, salt and the lemon juice.
5. Lower the heat, cover and cook until the rice is done and all the liquid is absorbed.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
This rice goes well with fish, chicken or even tacos.
1. Instead of cooking the rice in water, you can use chicken or vegetable stock. It adds more flavor to the rice.
2. Add peas to make the rice more interesting.