Pages- ???

Friday, May 25, 2012

Mango Salsa

I first tasted mango salsa at Baja Fresh, a Mexican fast food joint in US. I had already started loving Mexican food at that time. And I loved mango salsa too, but always wanted to try the recipe with Alphonso Mangoes.
So before the mangoes bid bye bye again this year, it was time to experiment Mango Salsa with Alphonso Mangoes. And the experiment was a grand success. This salsa was definitely better. It was sweet and mellow and tangy at the same time...yumm.

Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa


Mango Salsa - Recipe
2 Mangoes (ripe)
1/2 Tomato
1/2 Onion (preferably red)
1 Green Chilly
Few sprigs Coriander leaves
1/8 slice Lemon
Salt
Mango
Mango


1. Finely chop the Mangoes, onions, tomatoes, green chilly and coriander leaves.
2. Mix everything together in a bowl. Add salt and squeeze 1/8 of the lemon juice and mix
3. Let the flavors blend together for at least an hour in the refrigerator.

It tastes great with any grilled fish, fish tacos or just have it with nachos or spicy chips. Try it with Tandoori Pomfret, you will love it.


Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa


Some Variations
1. You can add green or red bell pepper instead of the green chilly. Or if you can find poblano chillies in the market, you can use them.

38 comments:

  1. Wow looks so yummy.. I love mangoes gonna try this :)
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colour..looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Meghana for visiting my blog. You have a great collection of recipes here. I love Mango and may be I should try salsa. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yum

    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulously good! Will make it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything to do with Mango. It may be cooked, salsa, just fruit I love it. So this is def. a dish I would love. Do you like to follow each other? Let me know and will follow you right back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following. Following back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for dropping by..........you have a really nice blog....the mango salsa is delicious.....following you through the gfc....
    it would be nice if you could follow me too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That contains two of my fav ingredients, mango and tomato. Yummy! Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just delicious...looks so easy to prepare and mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mouthwatering... I love mangoes n this combination of ingredients sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so yummy.. u must link it to the ongoing event at my blog

    http://renuka-pinchofsalt.blogspot.in/2012/06/event-salad-splendour.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy and tempting Salsa.
    Thanks for linking it to the event.

    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..its very attractive and healthy . Loved it. Will try it soon. My kid will love this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Mango Salsa! super easy recipe! will def. try before the mangoes vanish this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made this last night…..it was so easy and so great.Highly recommended
    Auction house Oldham

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog and for the wonderful comments.