Besan Ladoos are scrumptious sweet delights with the least ingredients. The key is to roast besan at the correct temperature and time and use ghee generously.
DH is a die hard fan of these ladoos. He can survive on them for days.
|Besan Ladoo(Indian gram flour sweet balls)|
Besan Ladoo - Recipe
Besan (Chick pea flour) - 4 cups
Castor Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1 cup
Milk - 2 teaspoons
Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
Saffron - Few strands
Nutmeg powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Cashews and Raisins - for garnish (optional)
1. Roast besan in ghee on a low flame until the color of the besan changes to light brown and the house is filled with the roasted besan aroma.
2. Meanwhile, soak the saffron strands in warm milk and add this to the mixture.
3. When the besan is done, let it rest for a while. When its still warm gradually add to it the castor (or powdered) sugar. Mix well so as to avoid any lumps. Hands are the best tools here.
4. Then add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
5. With the help of some more ghee, make small balls of the mixture. Garnish with cashews and raisins.
Make it a kiddie pleaser with these smiley faces.
|Smiley Besan Ladoos|